Accounts Assistant / Assistant Bursar
|Type: Permanent||Role: Accounts Assistant||Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
My client is a leading educational establishment in Sheffield.
My client is a leading educational establishment looking for a part-time assistant bursar three days a week, term time only. The ideal hours would be Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday working 8am to 5pm (could be negotiable for the right person). The role is varied and would not just be limited to individual who have previously worked within a school setting, however you must be prepared to work in a varied role handling all aspects of accounts and administrative duties.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reception work including answering the door and telephone and dealing with enquiries
- Preparation of correspondence on behalf of the school as required by the Headteacher
- Photocopying and filing
- Assist the secretary in keeping invoices and petty cash receipts correctly filed
- Handling sales ledger, purchase ledger and dealing with the bank accounts
- Making payments to suppliers by cheque or internet payment.
Knowledge of Sage line 50 would be ideal as well as good all round administrative skills. The working contract would be 36 weeks a year meaning you would not be required to work in school holidays. The client is ideally looking for January start date.
11 Leopold Street