|Type: Permanent||Role: JAVA Developer||Location: Doncaster, South Yorkshire|
Our client is a global leader in financial software. The company is primarily Oracle based with an expanding Web Service capability which is used to integrate with other internal and external services.
As a result there is a vacancy for an experienced java developer to join and help expand the existing web service capability. The role will be to design, develop and deploy new web services and support them through the development life cycle. The successful candidate will be working closely with the database developers and also external suppliers. A high degree of professionalism is required.
£35,000 - £50,000
Skills and Experience:
As well as been an strong Java Developer, you will be a committed team player, have excellent communication and analytical skills and have good experience of working within structured development processes.
You will have a desire to learn, work to high technical standards by following industry best practice and have the following core skills:
• Web service technologies (Apache Axis2, CXF, Metro or similar)
• Strong object orientated Java design and development experience
• Thorough understanding of Java/J2EE technologies
• Awareness of java development best practices (e.g. design patterns, code re-use)
• Knowledge of XML and related technologies (XMLSchema, JAXB and similar)
• Automated build technologies (Maven and/or Ant)
• Automated unit testing tools (JUNIT or similar)
• Source code control tools (Subversion, CVS or similar)
Ideally you will have a good background and knowledge of the Financial Services industry, with direct knowledge of the Motor Finance industry being a distinct advantage.
The following skills are desirable, but not essential, it would reflect positively on any candidate able to demonstrate knowledge or background reading on these subjects.
• Experience of automated testing tools
• Exposure to web applications based on MVC frameworks
• Exposure to JMS (ActiveMQ, Oracle AQ, Apache Camel)
• Exposure to application containers (Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere or Jetty)
• Experience of working in an Agile environment ( Scrum/ XP)
• Exposure to SQL, PL/SQL and JDBC
• Exposure to Spring Framework/Dependency injection principles
• Exposure to software modeling techniques (UML or similar)
• Linux development tools/environments
• Eclipse IDE-based development and plugins
• Database modeling and design with an RDBMS
11 Leopold Street